Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sri Ayutthaya (Thai Cuisine), Damansara



Time sure flies..(pejam celik) its weekend again. After an exhausting morning partipating in 'gotong-royong, suddenly we received a phone call from my mother-in-law insisting that we have to attend a family gathering at a thai restaurant in Damansara. Not that I'm complaining, actually I really like the idea having thai cuisine for lunch. Furthermore, its been quite some time since I last visited any thai restaurant.



Sri Ayuthaya consists of three storey building devoted at serving one of the best thai food in KL (based on recommendations from friends & families). This is actually my first time visiting the restaurant even though we always dine at Victoria Station which situated in the same row.



The ambience I must say really relaxing as soon as you step on to the 2nd floor where there is a spacious dining hall with wood carvings and a small man-made pond.
There is a small verandah outside which I think will be a nice place to dine at night.


Whenever one visit a Thai restaurant, one "must have" is the Tom Yam soup. So we ordered Tom Yum Thalay(RM9.90)...a bowl for each one of us ( there were eight of us altogether). Though it looked hot n spicy, I felt as if something was missing. For me the Tom Yum tastes just OK.

Throughout the lunch we were served with 7 dishes but amongst all I really compliment the siakap, thai style (RM40++)..This thai styled steam fish tastes delicious. No smells and nicely cooked.

Towards the end of lunch, there was a waiter with a large display of desserts tray. The presentation was good, easy for you to choose rather than flipping through the menu.

Price for 8 persons nearly RM 500.00, since we ordered lots of seafood. If divided the price is about RM60++ per person. Personally, I think the food is nice but a bit overpriced.



Sri Ayutthaya @ Bukit Damansara Heights
Same row as Victoria Station in Damansara Heights)
3 Jalan Setiapuspa, Medan Damansara,
50490 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03 2094 2333